Orders are created after customers complete the checkout process. The Order object itself contains only general information about the customer’s order.
The fulfillment represents a group of shipped items with corresponding tracking number. Fulfillments are created by a shop operator to mark selected products in an order as fulfilled.
There are two possible fulfillment statuses:
- The default status of newly created fulfillments.
- The fulfillment canceled by a shop operator. This action is irreversible.
There are four possible order statuses, based on statuses of its fulfillments:
- There are no fulfillments related to an order or each one is canceled. An action by a shop operator is required to continue order processing.
- There are some fulfillments with
FULFILLEDstatus related to an order. An action by a shop operator is required to continue order processing.
- Each order line is fulfilled in existing fulfillments. Order doesn’t require further actions by a shop operator.
- Order has been canceled. Every fulfillment (if there is any) has
CANCELEDstatus. Order doesn’t require further actions by a shop operator.
There is also
DRAFT status, used for orders newly created from dashboard and not yet published.