Defining Shipping Zones
On this page you can manage how you ship out orders. The Shipping Methods section contains two main cards: Shipping By Zone and Configuration.
You can choose metric or imperial weight units as the default in which your store will display products. In the Configuration card on the right, click on the triangle in the Shipping Weight Unit field to choose between grams (G), kilograms (KG), pounds (LB) and ounces (OZ) as your default weight measurement.
Adding a Shipping Zone and Assigning Countries
Shipping Zones define the cost of shipping in different areas of the world. Collecting countries together in zones allows you to assign the best shipping and delivery options for customers.
Clickin the top right corner of the Shipping by Zone card. Add the name of the shipping zone then click and use one of the three options in the pop-up window that appears:
- In the Search Countries section at the top, you can search specific countries by name and assign them to the shipping zone
- The Quick Pick section is an option that allows you create a shipping for all unassigned countries. This is a useful option for defining a final ‘Rest Of The World’ shipping zone to guarantee global coverage
- Scroll through the Countries A to Z list and assign countries using the checkboxes
Clickto confirm your selection.
Removing Shipping Zones and Countries
You can remove individual shipping zones by entering the zone from the list and clickingin the footer. To remove multiple zones, click the checkboxes on the main list and then confirm using the trash can icon that appears above the list.
Remove countries from a shipping zone using the trash can icon next to the country name when you enter a specific zone from the main list.
Adding Shipping Rates
Find rates offered by couriers for the delivery of your goods and add them to your shipping zones. When your customers get to the checkout section of the store, they will be presented with these shipment options and prices.
There are two types of shipping:
- Price-based shipping defines the cost based upon the value of goods
- Weight-based shipping defines cost by weight
Adding a Courier
- Click in the Price Based Rates card.
- Fill the name of the courier in the Rate Name field.
- Define if there are minimum and/or maximum weight or price values put in place by couriers. If there are no limitations, click the switch so it turns green. If there are limitations, input them into the fields as the value range. If you leave the minimum value empty, it means that there is no lower threshold. If you leave the maximum value empty, it means there is no maximum weight or price value.
Free or Paid Shipping
If you offer free shipping, click on the switch so it is green. If shipping is charged, input the rate per weight unit in the currency field.
Remove couriers from specific shipping zones by entering the zone and clicking the trash can inon next to the courier you want to remove.